History

The sanctuary at 200 Ingleside Ave. was built in 1845. Later years saw the sanctuary expanded, Sunday school space (now Bellis Hall) built and expanded, and a modern school wing built in 1963.

The St. Timothy’s congregation, which worshipped at this location, decided in 2013 to leave the Episcopal Church and join the Roman Catholic church under the Anglican Ordinariate. That congregation now meets on the campus of St. Mark Parish at 30 Melvin Ave. in Catonsville.

In 2015 the Rectory and the athletic fields east of the church were purchased by the Christian Athletic Association.

St. Hilda’s is grateful to all those who faithfully devoted their time, talent and treasure to establishing, growing and maintaining this beautiful facility.